I've uploaded 6 packages, each containing a GNOME panel applet. All of them
came with a specfile for a Redhat package; they had to be heavily tweaked to
work in Mandrake (or at all--two of them didn't have a %files section, so
they couldn't possibly work anywhere, could they?), but I tried to leave the
descriptions, etc. alone except where the English was excruciatingly bad
("This applet show your CPU hot")

Ignore the earlier post about needing to change some of the GNOME packages; I
believe everything should work with 9.1 as-is.

* quick-lounge-applet-1.1.3-1mdk

"Organize your preferred applications on the GNOME Panel." It's a quick-launch
toolbar modeled after the one in Windows (it even has a menu at the right for
any entries that didn't fit). Goes in the Utility category (on the "Add to
Panel" menu).

After minimal testing, it seems to work. For some reason, the package builds
as an so applet rather than an exe applet, but the panel doesn't care; it's
only confusing to people who go manually digging through their /usr/lib
directory.

* gsensors-applet-0.9a-1mdk (aka GNOME-sensors)

"Monitor hardware sensors on the GNOME Panel." A graphical representation of
lm_sensors data. Goes in the Utility category. Has no icon.

If you don't have sensors enabled (that is, you haven't at least done a
"modprobe i2c-proc"), it unceremoniously crashes. When I enable sensors, it
seems to only want to display my last sensor, which happens to be one that's
not recognized by lm_sensors, and therefore useless. (This is on a Dell
PowerEdge with a billion or so sensors, most of which linux doesn't
recognize.) Someone else might have better luck.

* hot-applet-0.2.1-1mdk (aka hotapplet)

"This GNOME panel applet shows motherboard sensor values, such as CPU
Temperature, fan rpm's, etc." Another lm_sensors GUI. Shows up as "System
Temperature Monitor" in the Utility category.

If you don't have sensors enabled, it tells you nicely why you're not seeing
anything. If you do have sensors enabled, but it's confused by your sensors
(as with mine--see above), it crashes. I don't know what it does if you have
a more common setup; again, someone else might have better luck.

* hot-applet-for-dell-0.2-1mdk (aka hotapplet-for-dell)

"This GNOME panel applet shows motherboard sensor values, such as CPU
Temperature, fan rpm's, etc." The same GUI, but around Dell laptop sensors
rather than lm_sensors (although it still requires lm_sensors to build, which
it shouldn't). Shows up as "System Temperature Monitor" in the Utility
category. Conflicts with regular hot-applet.

I don't have a Dell laptop to test on, but I get a nice message telling me
that I don't have Dell laptop support compiled into my kernel; no crashes.
Someone else will have to test this.

* netspeed-applet-0.8-1mdk (aka net_speed_applet and netspeed_applet)

"A little GNOME applet that shows the traffic on a specified network device
(for example eth0) in kbytes/s." Goes in the Internet category.

It seems to work well, and is pretty configurable. If I didn't use gkrellm,
and if it could display speed on another host's devices, I might use this all
the time.

The installer does all kinds of scrollkeeper-related work (builds new indexes,
etc.) which I just throw away. It might save a few seconds to skip this.

* divider-applet-1.99.1-1mdk (aka divider_applet)

"A GNOME panel applet that adds dividers to the panel similar to toolbar
dividers." It provides a bunch of different divider styles, each of which can
be thickened or colored to your heart's content. Goes in the Amusements
category, which is probably not appropriate.

This seems to have some visual glitches. When adding a new divider or changing
the divider style, I often have to either wiggle the "strength" setting or
restart the panel to get it to show up properly. This may not happen for
those using "approved" themes (Geramik or Galaxy); someone should check.
Also, some of the divider styles do not look right on a small horizontal
pattern; they all look fine on medium or larger, or any horizontal.

I did not package the following applets that were requested:

* goats: Won't build for 2.2; at least it's not trivial to do so.

* sticky-notes-applet: Ditto.

* file-menu-applet: Sorry, it's a 1.x applet only (it came with GNOME 1.2).