On 05. jún 2003, 15:31, Buchan Milne wrote:

> Without kerberos support, you can't join an active directory domain
> (which we want to be able to do with winbind in 9.2 if samba3 is final).

hm, interesting.. are you sure, taht this is not only optional? i don't
know much about samba and active directory protocol, then this is only
lame question :)

> There are ftp servers and clients that support pam in main, telnet
> servers are evil, with or without kerberos support.

we can say, that kerberos is evil too... kerberos use old authorization
mechanism and design which is not too optional..

.. and someone want have evil @home ;)

--
member of Advanced InternetWorks group  -> http://www.ainetworks.sk
professional home page                  -> http://tibor.pittich.sk