When I first start up GNOME, and it starts gnome-wm it takes a *very* long
time.  After I upgraded to my latest sawfish RPMs GNOME loads at an
acceptable speed, but initially it didn't (this is when I recreated the
GNOME desktop from scratch).  It also didn't load something properly
because it told me I didn't have a GNOME-compliant WM.

The desktop icons are the piston/paper/folder icons only.  No normal icons
anymore.  This is when I re-created the desktop.  Logged in as my wife and
the icons that were on her desktop from before look the same way.  No
proper icons.

Also, for Eterm, I used to be able to start it with "Eterm -F linux8x16
-O" to get a larger font and transparency but now it can't find that font
anymore.  Does anyone know how I can select fonts for it, or which fonts I
can select?  I tried doing "Eterm -F avantgarde" and a number of other
fonts and it says it can't find any of them.  Is there something wrong
with Eterm that it can't find these fonts, or is the linux8x16 font
actually gone and there is another way to specify a font to use (the
manpage doesn't say anything about how to specify fonts).

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED], OpenPGP key available on www.keyserver.net
Freezer Burn BBS:  telnet://bbs.freezer-burn.org . ICQ: 54924721