Quoting [EMAIL PROTECTED]:

> On Wed, 28 May 2003, Buchan Milne wrote:
> > Since Mandrake has acpi, software suspend, supermount, and some
> hardware
> > compatability patches (ie Thinkpad drivers), what's different?
> cynical: well, this laptop-kernel at least uses supermount-ng, while our
>
> kernels still use the old version.
> I think, the new one is better and maintained. And Andrey even made a
> patch special for mdk kernel.
> I asked several times why it cannot be added. But never received a
> reply.
>
> So why are there so little post of kernel-team here? I do not want to
> start a "kernel sucks" thread here (like we had for KDE), but there
> are
> also 2 trivial (to add) security fixes for 9.1 which could have been
> updated 2 weeks ago.

couldn_t resist :)
count my vote too

i'm building kernels based on the src.rpm and i sent several trivial fixes to
the list, but not a single reply :(
just for example  exaudio in 3rdparty doesn't build since pre7-1mdk
(broken Makefile & Config.in) i sent the patch after each new kernel, but no
reply and the module is still not built.

ipmi(broken since pre7-1mdk), mod_dvb (compiled in the src.rpm since pre7)

best,
svetljo