Hi!

On Tue, 3 Jun 2003 10:51:29 +0200
"John Keller" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Michael (Reinsch), if you look at my bug report, you'll see that
> CLOCK_SYNC set to "yes" (as per the default install of the rpm)
> doesn't help. And I keep my config pretty vanilla -- other than the
> fact that it's running cooker... :)

What is in your /etc/sysconfig/clock? UTC should not be set to true.

> In my opinion, if this is something that's "broken" at kernel config
> level, no band-aid fixes with scripts (whether it works or not) is the
> correct solution.

Well, as this stuff can be handled in user space, why handle them in
kernel space? The kernel apparently doesn't know enough to handle this
correctly. That at least is my opinion.

But it doesn't really matter for the user, so let's try and get this
fixed the easiest way.

The main question currently imho is: why does this script not set
correct time. Maybe there is a bug in hwclock? Could you maybe try
executing hwclock the same way it is executed by the script? Maybe you
could also add a line logging the way hwclock is executed by the script.

--
  Michael Reinsch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                       http://mr.uue.org