On Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 08:06:05AM +0200, Pascal Terjan wrote:
Buchan Milne wrote:

Hmmm, hack would be to add manual provides perl(w3mhelp-funcdesc.en.pl)
etc in the spec file ...

OK, that was my first idea but wondered if there was something cleaner :-) Let's do that.

i'd put those in %_requires_exceptions, it is cleaner than providing those, since no package other than w3m would require them and they are installed in /usr/share/w3m/ which is not in the perl searchpath.

If we had a require with a non bareword specifying an absolute path we
could make req.pl spew a sequire for /usr/share/w3m/w3mhelp-funcname.pl instead of perl(w3mhelp-funcname.pl), or we could skip non bareword
completely: we cannot parse variables, and we cannot parse @INC in
perl.req, and most modern programs do require (or use) module names, not
filenames.

regards,
L.

--