>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Original Message <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

On 5/28/00, 3:22:32 PM, "Guy T. Rice" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
regarding Re: [Cooker] Some thoughts:

> Also, it's been quite a few years, but if I recall correctly, beta
couldn't
> get as much on a tape as VHS.  People love to pull this example out
and
> parade it around, but the simple fact of the matter is, although beta
was
> superior to VHS in some ways, VHS was superior to beta in some ways
too.
> And with all due respect to sour beta-heads, for those features that
were
> truly important to consumers, VHS *was* the superior technology.  Get
over
> it...

Doesn't M$ have more than one competitor?  And who is grabbing at
Amiga's new systems, though they aren't released yet, I haven't heard
of anybody trying to make any claims.  This also means that we, Linux,
have more than one competitor, though the most stress is with M$.
Btw, I'm not a M$ buff, and I would very much like M$ to  lighten up
on the marked, however it is done.