Hello all,

I've been 'lurking' on the list for about 8 months now, and providing comments (as few as they are) whenever I can.

I was wondering how the development process works. Is there a centralized list (a basic todo list) for the development direction Mandrake is heading?

The reason I ask, is that although I've been following the list, I can't seem to visualize the direction development is going (especially the server components).

As I'm working on a corporate mailserver, I closely watch the cyrus (imap), postfix, openldap, cyrus (sasl) and other related threads. To say I've learned alot, would be an understatement.

So, how does the cooker work? What decides if a package goes into main, or is a contrib? What determines if a cooker package moves into updates? And if (in the mailserver case above) how is it determined what packages are added, and when?

And finally, why doesn't [EMAIL PROTECTED] .com ever answer an email?

Simply seeking enlightment...

Thanks,