Am Mittwoch, 25. Juni 2003 13:10 schrieb Blindauer Emmanuel:
> Le Mercredi 25 Juin 2003 12:50, Olav Vitters a écrit :
> > This would be really nice. Even with level 3 compression, the page I
> > tried to compress reduced from 397KB to 54KB. As the server already has
> > Apache 2, adding the compression should be easy thanks to mod_deflate.
>
> Modem use their own compression (or uses the ppp_deflate), so the 400K
> uncompressed are transmitted and compressed between your provider and your
> modem. You can notive that when you se that the transfert is going more
> than 5ko/s :)
> Some years ago, when I was surfing, with compression, 12ko/s could be
> reached

If apache can do that and can be used with any connection it should be done.
Wether you have configured modem compression or not is not the question here.
With isdn and lzs_comp I can get over 30k, this only proves that bugzilla
would improve with compression (well, given that the server is fast enough).

Steffen