Le mer 25/06/2003 à 18:29, Jean-Michel Dault a écrit :
> Le mer 25/06/2003 à 14:13, FACORAT Fabrice a écrit :
> > What about shipping fpdf : http://fpdf.org/ ?
>
> FPDF is an excellent piece of software. Free, well documented, easy to
> use, and lots of examples.
>
> However, it's a php class, not an extension (no binary), and is not as
> performant as the other C-library based implementations.
>
> I could package a rpm, but I don't know where to put it. In php.ini, we
> have:
> include_path = ".:/usr/lib/php/:/usr/share/pear/"
>
> FPDF is not part of pear, and if we put it under /usr/lib/php, rpmlint
> will complain that there is no binary.
>
> I guess we'll need a /usr/share/php hierarchy.

That's sounds sensible.

Note : I think that putting Pear under /usr/share/pear/ is a bad idea.
It should be put under for example /usr/share/php/pear.

Can we have Pear-Benchmark include in pear package or provide in a
separate package ? ( http://pear.php.net/package-info.php?pacid=53 )
In some books like PHP Avancé ( don't remember the edition ) they talk
about using pear to bench the site in order to optimise it.

--
FACORAT Fabrice <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Fiventis