Oden Eriksson wrote:
> torsdagen den 26 juni 2003 22.15 skrev David Walser:
>> I was urpmi'ing a php module (that I didn't have
>> installed yet) and my Cooker is a bit out of date, so
>> it had to update all of the php and apache2 stuff, but
>> after the urpmi command it said I had to choose either
>> apache2-mod_php or php-cgi to satisfy a dependency,
>> the reason being, both provide "php432".  That can't
>> be right.
>>
>> The other thing is, isn't apache2 the preferred apache
>> now?  If so, could the "apache2-suexec" manpage be
>> renamed back to just "suexec" (what it's supposed to
>> be).  I'm guessing the apache1 one has that name now,
>> it could be renamed to apache-suexec to stay out of
>> the way.
>
> It appears to be a RPM bug.

Which one?

For the php432, this line appears in both the apache2-mod_php and php (php-cgi
section) spec files.  It gives them that provides:
Provides:       php%{libversion}

The php-dba_bundle spec file has:
Requires:       php%{libversion}

So, that appears to be a packaging error.  Or is it true that you can have either
apache2-mod_php or php-cgi, not have the other, and have enough for php-dba_bundle to
work?  If so, then I guess it's OK, though it was a bit unexpected.

If you were referring to the suexec thing, the apache2-mod_suexec spec file contains
the following lines:
install -m4711 suexec %{buildroot}%{_sbindir}/%{ap_name}-suexec
install suexec.8 %{buildroot}%{_mandir}/man8/%{ap_name}-suexec.8

so that's a packaging problem (if you want to call it a problem).  I was just saying
that if apache2 is the preferred apache now, those should be installed with their
normal names, and apache1 should work around it.