I was reading an interview [1] with Jeff Waugh, the GNOME release
coordinator.

One of the last points to come up was conformity to the freedesktop.org menu
spec. I know that this is something that I long ago noticed, and seemed to
be a nice fit for the Mandrake ethic. Jeff mentions Debian's possibility
moving toward it; is this something possible for Mandrake? It certainly
seems like it could be a "plus" in Mandrake's corner.

I understand that the menu items are (naturally) distributed in the RPM's,
so this would imply a very broad effort. But it would be pretty nice to be
able to use the general editors (not yet in existence, I know) rather
than/in addition to the Mandrake-only editor. Plus, it would mean one less
UI element to maintain when efforts on UserDrake or DrakeConnect seem so to
have so much more "payoff" on time invested.

What are others' thoughts?

John

[1]
http://articles.linmagau.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=195&page=1