Per,

urpmi did not work, it simply said that everything was up to date.
Perhaps a problem with a package list file that did not yet arrive
on the server.

Therefore I had to try RPM, with which I discovered this dependency.
But, as I said, the files it complained about were actually present
in the RPM package, and installing with force or nodeps (I forgot) solved it.

Still, I think one should be able to manually first install the libs
and then the main package (wine) itself without running into dependency
problems.

I just tried urpmi wine and it wants to install both wine and libwine,
which seems right. Apparently yesterday I ran into a problem with an
outdated package list file.

I did not actually try installing with urpmi, since I now have wine build
manually, and I do not want to mess up /var/lib/wine, which I now use
for my c drive.

Hope this helps.

BTW did you notice that the links in (a.o.) /var/lib/wine/windows
are faulty after all? I explained this in a new mail, cryptically
titled "correction".

It was for this reason that I built wine manually.

Best

John