Stefan van der Eijk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Guillaume Cottenceau wrote:
> >
> > Stefan van der Eijk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> >
> > > What I've seen happening a few times is that a change in
> > > a package causes it to refuse to build on an other platform.
> > >
> > > The Mozilla team has come up with tinderbox to make sure that
> > > the stuff is tested & builds on all platforms, and to show
> > > what went wrong... See:
> > >
> > > http://www.mozilla.org/tinderbox.html
> > >
> > > If you get more than 10 developers together without tools, there is
> > > going to be an explosion. Tinderbox keeps this potentially explosive
> > > situation under control.
> >
> > yep, we are under the process of changing the way we upload new packages:
> > we would rather upload the SRPM, and a robot shall try to recompile it on
> > the various (validated) architectures before "enabling" it.
>
> Perfect!!!
>
> (you guys are making me drool ;-) )

Okay, actually, we had an internal discussion here. Apparently this would
cause too much problems.

 Actually, what I told was a suggestion of some persons here, but it will
be too much problematic to be adopted ; also, the guys involved in the
ports know the kinds of problems that the package usually face, so the
current process seems more efficient.

Sorry to have transmitted too quick, something which was just under
discussion.

--
Guillaume Cottenceau