Definitely same here.

Kernel 2421-2 dies with panic during boot, shortly after scanning the IDE devices, and the partial stack trace I get on my screen has some inode functions in it, which makes me believe it's either a problem in the ext2 layer or other lower level ide layers.

All previous versions of the kernel worked just fine, so it must be a change done here which causes it to fail (maybe omitting the stack frame pointer wasn't a good idea, perhaps some processes depend on it).

Is there a way I could collect the stack trace after I hard-boot my computer when it panics (it happened to me on my Linux laptop)? So I could send you guys some more clues into this.

Thanks,
     Sefer.