Dear cookers,
I know the new Mandrake 9.2 will released in 4 months.
So I think that it is the time to tell you my
experience on 9.1:
1. The "start" menu should be changed, especilly the
"Office" menu. You put the OpenOffice and KOffice and
other offices together, and this made us hard to use.
I think it should be like this:
  Office -> OpenOffice.org -> OpenOffice.org Calc
                           -> OpenOffice.org Writer
                           -> ...
         -> KOffice -> KOffice Workspace
                    -> KPresenter
                    -> ...
         -> Others -> ...
and the same situation exists in "Configure" menu. I
cannot tell the differences between DrakTools and
other tools.
2. After installing StarSuite, the menu desn't appear
in your "start" menu, but it appears in the KDE's
original menu. StarSuite is the asian languages
(Chinese, Japanese and Corean) version of StarOffice.
Because the limited function to handle asian languages
in OpenOffice.org, we often use StarSuite. So, it
should automatically appears in Mandrake's menu after
installing StarSuite.
3. When I use KDE, I find that the words under CDROM
and Floppy's logos are too long. For example, the
words under CDROM are "CDROM mounted on /mnt/cdrom".
Well, in fact, most users don't need to know where the
CDROM is mounted, and they don't want the words are so
long like this. If we use Chinese, it will be more
longer than that. I know this is new KDE's original
desktop, but I hope you will change them.
If you will solve all the problems, the 9.2 will be
more wonderful.
Yours,
Shiyu Tang