On Tuesday 15 July 2003 16:18, Thierry Vignaud wrote:
> "Andrey Borzenkov" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > thierry, fredl, does the devfsd_pam_console_apply patch no more
> > applies? Or devfsd just has to be rebuilt with new pam?
>
> fred has released a broken pam, then a fixed pam.
> i guess serge did an installation just between the two :-(
>
> too sad ...

Yep, I could confirm, had the same problem here :-(((.

My solution was as follows :

1) manually mount filesystems to get /usr (without devfsd, you have to mount
things like /dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part2, since /dev/hda2 is not
there. Alternatively, you could mknod a proper device file, but you have to
know the major, minor numbers - I didn't).

2) service network start

3) urpmi.update main

4) urpmi pam (had to find a server, which had good pam already)

5) restart

I omitted the cursing and loathing in-between, but on Cooker such things could
be expected, since it is alpha code.

Jan