On Wed Jul 16 22:07 -0400, Robert L Martin wrote:
> can somebody point me at a good (detailed) way to convert a folder of
> rpms (the ones from a cd set) to a usable
> rpm store (bonus points for showing how to add a few random rpms to this
> set)
>
> (im thinking that gendistrib gets used as a finialish step but  what is
> step 1 , 2 ,3 ....)
> ( i want to be able to just pick an rpm and have the deps solved from
> the set not from the cds)

Basically, all you have to do is:

1.  copy over the Mandrake/ directory of the CD to your hard drive
2.  make the appropriate additions/replacements/deletions to the RPMS
directory
3.  run gendistrib --distrib /path/to/distrib

--
Levi Ramsey
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                           [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Take due notice and govern yourselves accordingly.
Currently playing: Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood - King of the R
Linux 2.4.21-3mdk
 22:57:01 up  9:38,  8 users,  load average: 0.24, 0.23, 0.28