It was reported as a bug with the earlier gcc-3.1 and it's still there
in 3.3.1: Compiling the 2.4.21-0.18 kernel is still failing for me on

include/linux/sched.h:6: warning: function declaration isn't a prototype

the workaround is to remove the ftape-compress module; I also had to
remove the ambassador ATM module, but this only gets as far as a failure
in adi.c

include/asm/delay.h:13:13: invalid suffix "d6bd0" on floating constant

these errors all share in common "extern unsigned long" declarations
so somewhere long is being defined as a value, and the closest match
I can find is

include/linux/modules/i386_ksyms.ver:#define __ver___udelay     \
      _ver_str(9e7d6bd0)

--
Gary Lawrence Murphy - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - TeleDynamics Communications
   - blog: http://www.teledyn.com/mt/ - biz: http://teledyn.com/ -