On Fri, 2003-07-18 at 15:59, François Pons wrote:
> Robert Fox <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > I keep getting curl errors when trying to use urpmi - but wget seems to
> > work OK.
> >
> > libcurl2-7.10.5-1mdk
> > curl-7.10.5-1mdk
> > urpmi-4.4-9mdk
> > gurpmi-4.4-9mdk
>
> Really, I checked here and it works nicely with the above version...
>
> Do you use proxy ? maybe it is the problem ? Try running with -v urpmi to check,
> you may need to modify /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/urpm.pm and apply the
> following patch in order to check what curl is getting :

The only thing which may be causing this problem is that I am using
Guarddog on both machines using iptables and firewalling.

When I turn off both firewalls (on both machines) it still give errors:
urpmi.update -a
retrieving description file of "Installation CD (ftp1)"...
...retrieving failed: curl failed: exited with 9 or signal 0

retrieving source hdlist (or synthesis) of "Installation CD (ftp1)"...

ftp://robert:[EMAIL PROTECTED]//mnt/hd/cooker/Mandrake/base/hdlist.cz
...retrieving failed: curl failed: exited with 9 or signal 0

retrieve of source hdlist (or synthesis) failed
no hdlist file found for medium "Installation CD (ftp1)"
examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.Installation
CD (ftp1).cz]
retrieving description file of "Contrib CD (ftp3)"...
...retrieving failed: curl failed: exited with 9 or signal 0

retrieving source hdlist (or synthesis) of "Contrib CD (ftp3)"...

ftp://robert:[EMAIL PROTECTED]//mnt/hd/cooker/Mandrake/base/hdlist2.cz
...retrieving failed: curl failed: exited with 9 or signal 0

retrieve of source hdlist (or synthesis) failed
no hdlist file found for medium "Contrib CD (ftp3)"
examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.Contrib CD
(ftp3).cz]

Thx,
R.Fox