>> --=-=-=
>>
>> * Wed Jul 16 2003 Juan Quintela <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 1.0.4-1mdk
>>
>> - remove patch5 (time.h) already included upstream.
>> - remove patch2 no-chroot (not needed after removing patch0).
>> - remove patch0 (drop privs) included better patch upstream.
>> - 1.0.4.
>>
>> --=-=-=

stefan> I just updated this package, and rpc.mountd crashes on the second
stefan> request it gets:

Damn thing, will test here.  I tested it lightly before shipping, but
it looked as if it worked well.

Later, Juan.

stefan> Restart the NFS services:

stefan> [EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# service nfs stop
stefan> Stopping NFS mountd:                                            [FAILED]
stefan> Stopping NFS daemon:                                            [FAILED]
stefan> Stopping NFS services:                                          [  OK  ]
stefan> [EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# service nfs start
stefan> Starting NFS services:                                          [  OK  ]
stefan> Starting NFS daemon:                                            [  OK  ]
stefan> Starting NFS mountd:                                            [  OK  ]

stefan> check to see if rpc.mountd is running:

stefan> [EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# service nfs status
stefan> rpc.mountd (pid 3192) is running...
stefan> nfsd (pid 3181) is running...
stefan> 3180 (pid 3179) is running...
stefan> 3178 (pid 3177) is running...
stefan> 3174 (pid 3173) is running...
stefan> 3172 (pid ) is running...

stefan> on the remote system:
stefan> # ls /mirrors/cooker/SRPMS

stefan> check to see if rpc.mountd is still running:

stefan> [EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# service nfs status
stefan> rpc.mountd (pid 3192) is running...
stefan> nfsd (pid 3181) is running...
stefan> 3180 (pid 3179) is running...
stefan> 3178 (pid 3177) is running...
stefan> 3174 (pid 3173) is running...
stefan> 3172 (pid ) is running...

stefan> on the remote system:

stefan> # ls /mirrors/contrib/SRPMS
stefan> *ls: /mirrors/contrib/SRPMS: No such file or directory*

stefan> check to see if rpc.mountd is running:

stefan> [EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# service nfs status
stefan> *rpc.mountd is stopped*
stefan> nfsd (pid 3181) is running...
stefan> 3180 (pid 3179) is running...
stefan> 3178 (pid 3177) is running...
stefan> 3174 (pid 3173) is running...
stefan> 3172 (pid ) is running...

stefan> On my network this is reproduceable. rpc.mountd survives the first
stefan> request, the second request kills it. Anybody else see this behaviour?

stefan> regards,

stefan> Stefan

are different -- Larry McVoy