Am Donnerstag, 24. Juli 2003 23:30 schrieb Buchan Milne:

> IMHO, we don't want to purposely waste space that could be used for
> software on duplication of style. I think it would be nice to have
> one or two *really* good backgrounds in each style, so maybe:
> -landscapes
> -flowers/butterflies kind of idea
> -textured background (like the ripples)
> -flatter background in the style of the current blue background, or
> something like the default OSX, or one of the Ximian-type (the sofa stuff)
>
> But, it would of course be nicer to have a bit of a Mandrake slant,
> instead of just ripping backgrounds off art.gnome.org or kde-look.org.

Yep at least such things should go to contrib, nothing that should waste space
on the CDs if it can be easily installed and configured.

> The issue is really getting the default look integrated, from lilo,
> through bootsplash, dm, desktop splash screen (if applicable), cursor
> theme, desktop background, icons, widget theme, wm theme etc etc.

Yep. And higher resolution then now would be nice for Lilo and the framebuffer
bootup. (is that bootsplash ?) I have seen that on SuSE (8.0 or the like ? It
is long ago) and it looks very nice (beside all is a bit greenish ^^^^erm Ok
its SuSE)