From: "Marcel Pol" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 01:21:27 +0300
> Thomas Backlund <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > my next kernel is out:
> > http://www.iki.fi/tmb/Cooker/kernel-2.4.21.6.3tmb-1-1mdk.i586.rpm
> > http://www.iki.fi/tmb/Cooker/kernel-2.4.21.6.3tmb-1-1mdk.src.rpm
> >
> > - pci.ids 20030712 + my addons
> > - swsusp 1.0.3, including support for  xfs, acpi, splashscreen
> > - supermount-ng 1.2.8
> > - agpgart support for nforce, updated intel and sis
> > - ieee1394 rev 1010
> > - wireless orinoco 0.13e
> > - cifs 0.8.2
> > - amd8111e 3.0.3
> > - bugfix for ne2k-pci, pcnet32
> > - update 8139cp, 8139too
> > - via-rhine 1.1.19
> > - add ids to 3c59x
> > - change Makefile mrproper to remove ipsec buildtime symlinks
> > - update ide subsystem to 2.4.22-pre8
> > - based on 2.4.21.6mdk
>
> Can we send patches your way, and hope that your kernel can act as a way
> get patches to Juan/Nplanel?

Feel free to do so, but there is no guarantee that the kernel team will
pich them up...

> What is the preferred way for the kernel team to accept patches anyway, if
> there even is something like that?

There is no such thing... :-(
Either they get accepted by the kernel team, or not...
You just have to wait and see...

> Also, is your changelog your personal changelog, or is it a changelog
relative
> to the mdk kernel on which it is based?

It's always relative to the mdk kernel... so the :

kernel-2.4.21.6.3tmb stands for:

based on kernel-2.4.21.6mdk

my third build gets added changes

6mdk ->6.3tmb

just to not keep the kernel name "short"...

Regards

Thomas

PS. It looks like I have started a "hackkernel after all... ;-)