On Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 09:14:35AM +0200, Oden Eriksson wrote:
> How did you manage to enable TARPIT support in iptables when the patch is not
> applied in the latest Mandrake kernel?
>
> rpm -qlp iptables-1.2.8-1mdk.i586.rpm | grep TARPIT
> /lib/iptables/libipt_TARPIT.so
>
> (just curious)

He didn't.  There are two components to iptables.  The kernel side and
the tools side.  Both sides need support for a module for it to work.
All the tools side has is the information to know what options are to be
exported via the command line tool and how to apply them.

--
Ben Reser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://ben.reser.org

"What upsets me is not that you lied to me, but that from now on I can
no longer believe you." -- Nietzsche