Using drakconnect within MCC to set up a fixed IP address I ran into an
interesting problem.  I could configure eth0 by pressing the "configure local
area network" button, and it initialized properly.  I could also configure
the gateway using the "configure internet access" button.

This left two problems.

1) You have to go through the wizard to set up the DNS server, which should be
readily available under one of the other setup buttons, probably the
"configure local area network" button.  Even then, if you have been in a
zeroconf setup, the first DNS server is always set to 127.0.0.1, and the one
you get to enter is set as the second DNS server.  You can't enter more than
1 DNS server through drakconnect.

2) When you are done setting up the network, and you hit the "Ok" button to
exit drakeconnect, it wipes out your configuration, and sets you back to a
zeroconf state.  If you close MCC instead of pressing the OK button to close
drakconnect, your new configuration is in place, which is what you wanted.

I think this problem has been around for a while.

Paul Misner