Andrey Borzenkov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I do not know if it specific in 2.6 or just newer ALSA - but now (in 2.6) no
> /proc/asound/dev is created. It does not matter for devfs case because it
> stil creates /dev/snd/... as before. But for non-devfs case initscript
> assumes that no ALSA should be loaded if /proc/asound/dev does not exist.
> Even worse - for 2.4 script wipes out /dev/snd and links it to
> /proc/asound/dev, thus leaving bogus links when we boot 2.6. So even fixing
> script and manually creating /dev/snd/* filew will last until next time 2.4
> is booted.
> I have no idea how to solve it; anyone with better ALSA knowledge out there?

titi may know that.
The first time when i had to make this script i merged with the Debian
script and took some (to don't say most) stuff straight "as is" from
them.

the solution would be the merge the debian script, or completely merge
sound and alsa together (it should not be that hard) or try what
Svetoslav purpose to up/backport from suse to have backward
compatibility.

Regards, Chmouel.

--
http://www.chmouel.com/