Kim Schulz wrote:

[snip]

Use --keep

not an option for my version of urpmi. and when I try to upgrade urpmi, then I get alot of other deps (especially alot of kde and mozilla stuff).

I had similar problems on another thread, and the suggestion was to use
--allow-nodeps --allow-force
I had to respond to some scary prompts, but "urpmi urpmi" eventually installed the latest urpmi.

BTW, I'm happy to see that as of yesterday an hd.img install with all categories but games checked completes correctly with only 3 (I think) package install errors. So I can revert to testing installed systems and have less dependence on incrementally upgraded systems.