Hi

Hd.img installation via rsynced image 'fra Norge'.
Version:
Mandrake Linux Cooker-i586 20030805 22:20
/ChangeLog/1.816/Tue Aug  5 14:27:20 2003//

Very nice state of Cooker.
I tried to install everything to the left plus firewall => 1900 MB
after accepting to load individual packages and clicking on next my
installation had turned into 1632 MB.

I added a lot of packages, which earlier could hang the installation, but
could not find any faults, with 1990 MB.

No kernel-source was to be installed although development was asked for. Is
this Mdk's way of making it nasty for downloaders?

Lyx is served via xform. Why not qt?

I think it is not worthy of an installer based on 'unix' to be unable to let
the user jump out of the installation at any free time, more like Microsoft,
as if this is the ultimate way to do it.

I think that the words in the pictures during installation are rather
pathetic. If Linux is the 'ultimate platform' and if it contains 'the best
software for you' - then you don't have to bragg as a child filled with shame
of not being among the real guys. If it contains quality, that is enough.

Printer installed and detected as HP 710C but the adviced one was for 712C.
Printer page was not aligned, this is a fault from years ago. A line along
the right is 5 mm away from vertikal. RedHat Severn has a better test page
with lines for 1 and 2 cm.

Pity that you have to use sndconfig flr ISA SB, detected and installed
perfect.

Monitor changed from 1280x1024 to 1600x1400 in 24b - all perfect.

Lilo = oldfashioned.

I don'r use dm.

mc in terminal is in much worse shape than RH Severn in UTF8.

No icons in KDE desktop flr zip, floppy and cdrom.

Why doesn't Konqueror adjust to the size adjusted to by the user for terminal.

The same for Kmail.

Very nice Cooker - Thanks.
guran

--
Mandrake Linux 9.2 Cooker kernel-2.4.21.6mdk-1-1mdk

Only in a society that has 'a priori' defined what is true
can the result of the evolution of life be defined false.