Buchan Milne wrote:
> But how is one supposed to figure that out??? I am sure utf8 functions
> are restricted to xml use?

Meaning, "are [not] restricted to xml use"?

Yeah, it had me turning in circles when I first needed the function, too.
I'd have preferred it included with String-related functions, but the PHP
folks apparently decided differently. Form follows function with the rpm
packaging, which is probably better/saner than trying to cut out certain
functions to include in the php-common package.

> Yes, I'll do that. Thanks again.

You're quite welcome; just returning the favor, since you're so often out in
the trenches.

- John