Beta1 bug report from a 3rd party for the record:

----------  Forward  ----------

Subject: [CS-FSLUG] Mandrake Linux 9.2 Beta 1
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 04:50
From: Big Bird <DESPAMMED>

Here is my first impressions,

During package selection:
To my surprise, certain packages were locked, as in I
couldn't select or unselect it. And when I did choose
a package and it was selected, the "also install"
dialog box named every dependency, whether already
selected or not. Aside from that, the install was
typically Mandrake.

The 2.4.21 kernel still couldn't deal with my firewire
card. My optical mouse is lagging seriously. And of
course, all the volumes are muted when you first
log-in.

The software:
Gimp 1.2.5 with the video frame editing plugins.
Xmms 1.2.7 with a load of plugins.
Galeon 1.3.6 with Mozilla 1.4
Mplayer 0.90-3.3.1 (without the new default skin,
ach!)
Xine...check out what the xine-config gives me:

[OUCH!!] There are no input plugins.
         xine needs at least one input plugin, but
none
         is installed.
         You should probably reinstall xine-lib...
         press <enter> to continue...

[OUCH!!] There are no demux plugins.
         xine needs at least one demux plugin, but
none
         is installed.
         You should probably reinstall xine-lib...
         press <enter> to continue...

[OUCH!!] There are no decoder plugins.
         xine needs at least one decoder plugin, but
         none is installed.
         You should probably reinstall xine-lib...
         press <enter> to continue...

[OUCH!!] There are no video_out plugins.
         xine needs at least one video_out plugin, but

         none is installed.
         You should probably reinstall xine-lib...
         press <enter> to continue...

[OUCH!!] There are no audio_out plugins.
         xine needs at least one audio_out plugin, but

         none is installed.
         You should probably reinstall xine-lib...
         press <enter> to continue...
I seems that during install the Xine-ui can be
installed without the xine-libs. Can someone say bug.

Of course, you have to login as root in order to
install or remove any packages. Joy.

Plus, just about every thing I use breaks instantly.

This is wayyyy to unstable. I must report bugs now, thanks.

...and hopefully Ed did. (-:

Cheers; Leon