On Mon, 2003-08-11 at 23:43, Guillaume Rousse wrote:
> Ainsi parlait w9ya :
> > Yes I am glad and thankful. Now the real question is why the various
> > package maintainers get away with such sloppy work.
> >
> > Any takers on a *reasonable* answer to this?
> Some people have a life :-)

They get away with "sloppy work" because this is a *live*, *development*
distro. You want a smooth finished product, go use the release versions.
Cooker isn't polished up, it's how coders work, and how coders work is
to hack stuff together quickly, test the important bits and then refine
it. If you're not happy with that process, then don't get involved in
it.
--
adamw