Warly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Yes, I think that I will likely add one static image for the very
> first part of the boot with some message in the image such as
> "Booting, please wait" and switch to the translated version whenever
> the / is available.

Are we allowed to send a non-translated product in France? I
think not..

> Maybe hack the initrd to send some progress bar update during kernel
> boot?

This can be easily done I think. Just tell me how to send
information :).

> Or more wisely hack the bootsplash kernel code to add some progress
> bar update during the kernel boot?

That's different from initrd I suppose, and that could be nice as
well. But kernel boot is "fast" compared to inserting SCSI
modules, in general.

--
Guillaume Cottenceau - http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/