On Wed Aug 06 15:28 +0100, Mark Watts wrote:
> Also, /usr/src/RPM/RPMS is hardcoded into this package, so I can't build it as
> a user (there shouldn't be any requirement to be root to build a kernel, only
> to actually install one although this may have a bearing on the
> kernel-source.rpm...)

Uh... rpm --rebuild'ing on my system builds it in ~/RPM... I didn't do a
complete build (not enough time), but the resulting RPMs should be in
~/RPM/RPMS.

[levi @ tatiana | 12:36:28] SPECS     cat kernel-2.4.spec | grep
"/usr/src/RPM"
[levi @ tatiana | 12:36:51] SPECS

Perchance, what does

cat /home/levi/.rpmmacros | grep "_topdir"

output?

--
Levi Ramsey
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                           [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Take due notice and govern yourselves accordingly.
Currently playing: Rush - Hemispheres - Cygnus X-1, Book II
Linux 2.4.21-3mdk
 12:34:59 up 1 day, 21:53, 16 users,  load average: 0.79, 1.08, 0.65