"Andrey Borzenkov" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> > What do people think?
>
> As long as kernel team remains silent about anything I do - your hack
> looks like the simplest solution.

(Sorry, cleaning my inbox and noticing this)

Ok so I'm adding the hack in mount.c.

Now, is it a good thing to add mode=0644 as a default mount
option for cd/dvd drives from within drakx? My few tests showed
that

- used with a cd with Joliet extensions (and no Rock Ridge), it
  cures the 0755 illness by putting 0644 instead: should be fine
  except for Linux binaries you want to execute directly, but it
  should really be a moot issue if it's a CD with no Rock Ridge

- used with a cd with Rock Ridge extensions, it seems to be
  nicely ignored

- used with a dvd it's ignored thx to my mount.c patch

So I guess it should be ok. Any more thought?

--
Guillaume Cottenceau - http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/