Hi,

I am running Cooker with all the latest updates as of today with the
2.4.22 kernel. When I shut down the pcmcia service won't die and I am
left with tons of:

unregister_netdevice: waiting for eth1 to become free. Usage count = 2

I have to hard reset the laptop.

I am not able to shut down pcmcia manually either. If I try it just
hangs. I have two network devices. One is the built in Intel eepro 100
card, the other a wireles Linksys WPC11 card. I tried with another wireless
card also, a Proxim card. If I boot a 2.4.21 kernel the problem goes
away. Another oddity is that Mandrake detects the Linksys card as a
Tekram AIR.mate PCF 200 Wireless LAN card. Doing a cardctl ident
detects the card for what it is though. Both cards I tried works fine
though.

I use reiserfs.

Ideas?

--