Hello,

For a while I've been wondering why CUPS is so darned slow at startin up. The
system boots just stops for about 11 seconds while the CUPS deamon is
starting. I now believe that it is because it expects to find a network out
there. Mine is a stadalone laptop with a PCMCIA network card which most of
the time is out of the slots. Since there is not much output I cannot
deterimine exactly why, when all the CUPS printers are declared as local and
`Browsing' is `off' in /etc/cups/cupsd.conf, CUPS is trying to access the
network any way. This is not a current Cooker problem. I have raised this
before 9.0 went out ! Can anyone shed any light on what is going on here ?
Does any one else see CUPS as slow to get started ? Is the fact that there is
a network device configured at all enough to cause CUPS to try and access it
? I don't want to remove / add any network configuration data every time I
use the PCMCIA network card !

Thanks,
Owen