On Tue, 2003-08-19 at 08:39, Mark Watts wrote:

> > Hi everyone,
> >    Thanks for the comments on the last bootsplash design. I've made it a
> > slight bit less bright and also moved a color MDK star down over the
> > starburst pattern.
> >
> >    http://asisaid.com/images/mdkback.jpg
> >
> >    As before the image is compressed and shrunk, meaning it isn't as good
> > of quality as the real thing, blah, blah, blah.
> >
> >    Thoughts?
> >
> >    -Tim
>
> Daft question, but isn't this regressing back towards that Aurora abomonation
> that everyone hated circa 8.1/2 ?
>
> Ignore me if this has been hashed before...

Not really. The problem with Aurora was it was a complicated program
which actually *did* stuff and messed with the boot sequence. We're only
talking about bootsplash images here, and they don't actually change how
the boot sequence goes at all, only how it appears...at least, that's my
understanding.
--
adamw