On Tue, 19 Aug 2003, John Keller wrote:

> That would be exactly my worry. The patch makes for a prettier dialog, but I
> don't know necessarily how much *better* it would be in terms of actual
> usability. That tradeoff -- especially for something that could break things
> at this point, so close to RC status -- would make me hesitate.
personnally, my aversion against gtk apps is only because of the horrible
unusable file selection box.
Another thing is that this specific change is very easy to test and
report. A non working fileselection is obvious for every tester, a non
working driver from some obscure scsi card is much harder to test. And
since we are still not in freeze it should at least be tested.

d.