Quoting Juan Quintela <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> [...]
> cd w1
> <patch>/2.4.21-q1/scripts/apply_patches
>
> some patch fail, namely AB01_something.patch
>
> fix rejects
>
> cd ..
> d1 w1/<path_file_1> .ab01
> # only diff between d1 & d2 is that d1 remove the /tmp/d file if it
> # already exists
> d2 w1/<path_file_2> .ab01
>
> edit AB01_something.patch
> see if the changes are good, and change the differences of the files.
>
> continue apply_patches with next patch.
>
> Here are the aliases.
>
> # write protect a directory, very useful with kcp below
>
> kprotect ()
> {
>       local directory=$1
>       find $directory -type f | xargs chmod a-w
> }
>
> # Made the diff of of file.orig and file
> temp_file=/tmp/d
>
> # Extra Bonus: does somebody how to convince diff to type the diff
> # line when diffing a single file?
>
> d2 () {
>       local filename=$1
>       local version=$2
>       echo "diff -uNp ${filename}${version}.orig ${filename}" >> $temp_file
>       /usr/bin/diff -uNp ${filename}${version}.orig ${filename} >> $temp_file
> }
>
> d1 () {
>       local filename=$1
>       local version=$2
>       # truncate dest file
>       cp -f /dev/null $temp_file
>       d2 $filename $version
> }
>

> # The k* build kernel functions
>
> alias knone='~/bin/r --without up --without smp --without enterprise
> --without BOOT --without secure --without source --without doc
> SPECS/kernel-2.4.spec'
>
> alias kup='knone --with up'
> alias kboot='knone --with BOOT'
> alias ksmp='knone --with smp'
> alias kent='knone --with enterprise'
> alias ksecure='knone --with secure'
>
> # now you can compile only an SMP kernel with with debug with
> # ksmp -bb --with debug
> # ~/bin/r is simply a shell script with that allows me to compile
> # things in any dir.
>
> #!/bin/sh
>
> export LC_ALL=C
> exec rpm --define "_topdir $PWD" --define "_tmppath $PWD/tmp" $*
>
> # end r
>
> alias rdiff='/usr/bin/diff -urNp --exclude=CVS --exclude="*~" --exclude=".#*"
> --exclude=TAGS'
> alias diff='/usr/bin/diff -up'
> alias kdiff='/usr/bin/diff -urNp --exclude-from=$HOME/config/misc/dontdiff'
> alias kcp='cp -dpilR'
> alias minstall="make INSTALL_MOD_PATH=/tmp/kk modules_install"
>
> # kdiff is very good to diff kernel-trees, it is very fast if you are
> # using hard-linked trees (i.e. created with kcp), and the dontdiff
> # file just told files that you are not interesested in.
> #
> # ExtraBonus:  How to put a directory with a dir/file thing.

very, very useful help :)

thanks a lot :-)

now i only need to solve fs corruption problems :(

> svetoslav> hm, i think it shouldn't be a problem, but ..
> svetoslav> i can not give you a good explanation so ..
> svetoslav> you might drop it if you think it might break smth.
>
> svetoslav> (
> svetoslav> i couldn't get it running with my CD/DVD writers,
> svetoslav> and the patch was not really tested/ it was intended just for
> review by Thomas
> svetoslav> )
>
> I did a couple of small changes in it.  Will try harder later.
>
> Later, Juan.

could you enable udffs write support,
it's the latest cvs thanks to the packet-cd/dvd patch (which is probably non
usable without udf fs write support)
and it can be quite useful with DVD+RW

we'll have to package also the udf tools:
to be able to format DVD+RW or pktcdvd media and the pktcdvd utils are also in
the udf-tools package

and one more question,
can you take a look at the device-mapper patches (ZY*.patch)
@ http://varna.demon.co.uk/~svetlio/ruby-contrib/mdk-cook/probably_broken/

best,

svetljo