On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 21:52:55 +0200 (SAST)
Buchan Milne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> So, make someone responsible for it, file a bug, on initscripts for
> the moment, if the report isn't totally correct, someone will correct
> it rather than being responsible for the bug ...

I'm not complaining

If the OP reports back that his prob is fixed, then I may file a bug
report. I had kernel hackers sitting at my box completely puzzled at the
problem and its remedy. How on earth can a modprobe -V produce a crash?
The symptoms are rather obvious, so lots of people should have noticed
it. Since they apparently didn't, I thought that my setup was the cause.

oh well...

Mark? Any results yet?

Mark