On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 23:02, Bernard Varaine wrote:
> Since upgrading kd as of last night cooker kde doesn't start anymore
>
> get an empty desktop with no menu, no icons nothing..
>

> icewm, enlightment  work fine.
>
> Any idea on what I should look for ?
>
> Bernard

My KDE starts up fine, other than a complete lack of desktop functionality. No
icons, context menu, or background. I've flushed my /tmp, but to no avail.

Also, clicking the 'home' icon on my panel brings up Konqueror, which then
quietly quits as it's loading up. If I run 'kfmclient openProfile
filemanagement', I get the same result. If I run 'konqueror' I get the same
window and no crash...

I'm suspecting there's a problem with a graphics library?

Cheers,
Paul.