Bryan Whitehead <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I have an IBM Analog Flatpanel monitor that is missing from the
> monitor database, or XFdrake can't configure the monitor....
>
> ddcxinfos says it's a "IBM252f".
>
> The vert and horizontal ranges are:
>     HorizSync 30.0-82.0
>     VertRefresh 56.0-75.0
>
> Max resolution is 1280x1024x32
>
> (I use 1280x1024x24)
>
> Can this monitor be added to the XFdrake database so it works in
> kickstart?

could you try adding the following line
"IBM; IBM Analog Flatpanel; IBM252f; 30.0-82.0; 56.0-75.0; 1"
to /usr/share/ldetect-lst/MonitorsDB ?

format is "VendorName; ModelName; EISA_ID; HorizSync_Range; VertRefresh_Range;
dpms_support?"

you can get your monitor's EISA ID by running the following command:
     ddcxinfos | fgrep -i eisa
i suppose this is how you get IBM252f ?

the 1 at end of line must be kept *only* if your monitor support dpms
for power saving.

put the proper name instead of "IBM Analog Flatpanel" since i do not
think this is what would be the model name.

if you send me back the right line, i'll add support for your monitor
in the monitor database