On Thu, 8 Jun 2000, Jason Jeremias wrote:

> > have you did software raid ?
>
> Why would I need to do software raid on a Hardware Raid controller?

Redundancy? /me *ducks*  I think Chmouel was up too late while reading
this message =)

> > > Any Ideas how to fix it?  Since this was a fresh install I'm not sure
> > > re-installing is going to do any good?

See prev. post.

> > don't use ReiserFS with Mylex 8\.
>
> Really?  Is this a know issue that ReiserFS won't work with a Mylex
> controller?

I think it was more of a testing issue....the output I got immediately
before the distro kernel crashed on my boxes was the same both times, and
looked like depmod hadn't been run.  Never tested this with modules so
this may not be the case...but i do know that when DAC960 and ReiserFS are
compiled into the kernel they play well together.  (Same with MD5 software
RAID and ReiserFS, which the reiserfs people claim doesn't work but for
some reason it does with mandrake)

-dwild