Ainsi parlait _ cosmicflo :
> I you don't have OpenGL working well with your 3D graphic card, the OpenGL
> programs (3D games, xtraceroute,...) crash without an error message !
network applications without network too.
X applications without X too.

> You only can see that this is an OpenGL error if you launch the programs by
> a console :(
As any other application.

> In the view of a lambda user without an OpenGL working system on Linux, he
> can think that Linux software often crash :(
Does 3D apps works better on other operating system without hardware
acceleration ?

> A message box saying that there is a problem with OpenGL could be welcome.
> It was just a little reflexion.
Ask OpenGL applications developpers to do it, there is no point tracking each
potential problem at the distribution level.
--
Guillaume Rousse
It's not the one with your name on it; it's the one addressed "to whom it may