I reported this error (sounds like similar install steps, and it's the same
error message) during the 7.1 betas and did not get a response.  Never did
figure out the problem.  Here's my report:

System:

Compaq Prolinea 575 (Pentium 75)
80MB RAM (Wow!)
500MB Hard Drive (I know, small..)
3COM 3C509B (ISA 10MB NIC)

Install:

network.img from Beta 3 CD/ISO
NFS to 7.1 Beta 2 machine next to it with Beta 3 ISO exported
Text install
Expert
Custom

Problem:

Just after choosing "Languages Available After Installation" (or something
close to that), I received:

Segmentation fault: seems like memory is missing as the install crashes

Work Around:

Used the graphical install over NFS, EXACTLY the same settings, works fine.

Don Head                      [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Linux Mentor                      [1 314 692-1942]
Wave Technologies, Inc.     [1 800 826-4640 x1942]
[AIM - Don Wave][ICQ - 18804935][Yahoo - Don_Wave]