Submitted 09-Jun-00 by Diablero:
> I have a prob with the new kernel. I can't boot without this line in
> menu.lst:
> initrd (hd0,0)/boot/initrd-2.2.15-4mdk.img
>
> If I delete this line, I had a kernel panic, unable to mount VFS root.
> And when I boot with this line,I have this in dmesg:
> RAMDISK: ext2 filesystem found at block 0
> RAMDISK: Loading 1500 blocks [1 disk] into ram disk... done.
>
> I have three partitions in ReiserFs

ReiserFS is a module, by default, and thus must be loaded by an
initrd.  (That's what the RAMDISK lines are about: reading the
initrd).  But, you do need to update your initrd to the new kernel
with something like:

# mkinitrd /boot/initrd-$(uname -r).img $(uname -r)

and then replace the initrd line in menu.lst with name of the new
image.

--
       _
     _|_|_