quoting Tom Brinkman; Sunday 31 August 2003 06:24 am:
<whack>
> > Here's what I get:
> >
> > fc59fe2f3f3817d93bd3805d427b5970
> > MandrakeLinux-9.2rc1-CD1.i586.iso
> > e5324a8c2de4af472538373525d8b7aa
> > MandrakeLinux-9.2rc1-CD2.i586.iso
> > 7aa7ff43423b7af8aa39ad128cc53158
> > MandrakeLinux-9.2rc1-CD3.i586.iso
> >
> > I get the same checksums from .isos from two different mirrors.
> >
> > I'm downloading them using Konqueror and Kget, and I have used
> > rsync to make sure I got the whole .iso for all three disks.  I
> > didn't have this problem with Beta 2.
>
> ce4c3a9113464a8760089aa885763edb  1-9.2.iso
> 4cff3554f3aca5e198a429e2fe914bde  2-9.2.iso
> fa12db714f56cd56ce1c9f144a77c2a7  3-9.2.iso
>
>      That's  9.2rc1.md5sums.asc  from sunsite. I d/l'd the iso's
> from sunet, and the md5sums checked. Altho not with 'md5sum -c'. I
> had to compare each md5sum to the text file above 'manually' since
> the .asc file doesn't have the correct iso file names.

Yep, those are the numbers in the .asc files from the mirrors alright. But
when I check this way;
# mkcd --checkmd5 MandrakeLinux-9.2rc1-CD1.i586.iso
or disk 2 or 3, I get what I reported above. Now I'm lost again.

As usual...:-)

So, I had set today aside to finally install RC1, and urpmi it to current
cooker. Is it safe to install RC1 from these (rsynced against sunet and
checked as reported above) or have I burned useless copies. I used -RWs so it
doesn't matter. Or should I just say screw it and do the usual hd.img cooker
install. That's fine for me; but a friend has an old Compaq he wants to
"sacrifice to the testing Gods" and I'd need disks for him tomorrow.

I vaguely recall something similar in a previous release. Published md5sums
not matching the disks I mean. A couple of releases ago I think, and I had
already installed whichever version it was at the time without trouble.

I've turned off torrent until somebody figures this out since I don't want to
spread the problem around. If it is a problem.

Charlie
--
Edmonton,AB,Canada Registered user 244963 at http://counter.li.org