On 2003-08-31(Sun) 22:16:14 +0200, Michael Scherer wrote:
> http://eijk.homelinux.org/build/contrib/i586/problem/ices-0.3-2mdk
>
> the compilation stopped when configure tried to detect libshout3-devel,
> listed as buildrequires. It stopped because pkgconfig was not found.
> libshout3-devel should require pkgconfig, since it is needed for the
> proper auto detection of the include.
>
> there is a lot of package who drop a file in /usr/lib/pkgconfig/ without
> having a requires on pkgconfig.

Yup, most of them should be fixed. Probably it's because most
developers/packagers have already installed pkgconfig so that nobody
notice it.

> this script [1] gives most of the package who misses the requires on
> pkgconfig [2].
>
> Am i wrong when i say they should be fixed ?
> Because there is a lot of wrong requires, i may have missed a detail....

Can mostly be sure that all -devel below needs that dependency. Is the
list below complete?

> Some of the packages are not -devel library, i guess they should be
> fixed, because pkgconfig files belong to the -devel.
>
> And some are not library, such as linphone, who does not provides any
> include or libray, so i guess there is a problem.

Not quite sure. For some .pc files, such as rhythmbox.pc, there's almost
no info here. The keyword is "almost" -- you can still, for example,
retreive path info from it:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# pkg-config --variable=idldir rhythmbox
/usr/share/idl

But I have no idea whether it's internally used by software, or just
plain dumb file that can be killed.

Abel

--
Abel Cheung