No not a bad burn. The install was obviously looking for files that were not
part of the image. The file versions that were in the image are listed below.
Once I installed them manually after the install everything functioned
normally:

gnome-libs-1.0.58-1mdk.i586.rpm
gnome-libs-devel-1.0.58-1mdk.i586.rpm
gnumeric-0.52-3mdk.i586.rpm