Guillaume Cottenceau wrote:

> Felix Miata <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> > Eventually I got set up for NFS install, and that won't even get out of
> > text mode. Each time, right after entering server IP and directory it
> > just sits there, and on tty3, last line I see is 'preparing nfsmount for
> > [IP]:[dir]', and no evidence that SCSI ever loaded. Has SCSI support

> When there is no response, it's often linked to a bug in the
> kernel driver. Maybe you have a long timeout that you didn't

The problem turned out to be the server was in runlevel 2 the whole
time. There should be some message from the installer that the server is
not available.

> notice, in that case that may be caused by network problems.
> Hardware network problems could lead to the freeze also, I guess.
> We do NFS installs daily, there is no such problem here, at least :/.

Most of my installs are NFS, but not even monthly, much less daily. ;-)

> > been deleted from the boot floppies? I can't remember when the previous
> > versions asked for SCSI support confirmation.

> What's the connection between SCSI support and starting an NFS
> install? There is no need for SCSI driver when starting an NFS
> install, of course, and thus no SCSI driver is loaded at that
> point.

You mean my install to a SCSI HD target doesn't require any SCSI
support? ;-) After I got the server in proper gear I remembered when
SCSI support becomes necessary. But before that point, I was grasping
straws. :-)
--
"...[B]e quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry...."
                                                James 1:19 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/